About Me

Lets just say I'm Complicated. Early in my life I wanted to be a medicine man, but somewhere in the middle ended up being a doctor for financial complications. I prefer to take life as it comes. Yet most of my friends say I do too much planning. Started from good ol Kolkata and ended up in the NCR. Now waiting for whatever next life offers........

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wishing every Indian on 63rd Republic Day

My father was 17 when India got Independence. One could say he is one of the few still around who were there on 15th Aug 1947 to fully understand the meaning of getting Independence. 
Before independence he saw, as a young boy, Netaji - then only known as Subhas Chandra Bose, along with Rash Behari Bose, delivering powerful address to a large group of people. When I was a young boy, he told the story and recalled the power and the force that came out from their words. Today after nearly 65 years, my father often gets confused/irritated at the present India, for him it has again become almost an alien country. Possibly somewhere in the way, we have lost track of what independence really means and are more content with decorative pomp and show on 15th August and 26th January.
But still, wishing all Indians all over the world, on the occasion of the 63rd Republic Day.

No comments: